Thursday, October 17, 2013

Your Hostess Hates You Because... You Didn't Tell Her What You Wanted.


When you walk into a beautiful restaurant, for those of us who go for scenery, you expect to be seated at the most beautiful table in the beautiful restaurant. But does the hostess know that? As a hostess, our jobs are to make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your meal; menus, enough room for your whole party, any special kids menus/dietary menus and most important of all: a table you actually want to sit at

Scenario:
You walk into 'This Restaurant' and suddenly the aroma of food draws you closer as you float towards the hostess stand. Party in tow, you're ready for a beautiful table and tasty food. The restaurant is buzzing with the 7 pm rush but you're willing to wait.

Storyline:
Hostess 1: Hello guys, welcome to 'This Restaurant' what can I do for you folks tonight?
Family: We would like a table for 4 please.
Hostess 1: To dine inside or outside in the covered patio?
Family: Inside please
Hostess: No problem at all, I'll have you seated in the next 15 minutes OK?


Family: Sounds good to me!
Hostess 2: Family, party of 4? Family?
Family: That'll be us
Hostess 2: Great, follow me this way
Family: *Grimacing at sight of table*
Hostess 2: Here we are guys!
Family: I see you guys are kind of busy but can I trouble you for a booth maybe?
Hostess 2: No problem, let me check with the hostess up front
*Hostess 2 returns*
Hostess 2: No problem, I have a booth for you right over here.
Family: *Grimacing again* Can we have that free booth by the window?
Hostess 2: Sorry, it's taken by another party who requested to sit in a booth.
Family: I've been waiting before them, and now I'm requesting to sit in a booth and you're telling me I can't?
....
This Is Why Your Hostess Hates You:
You can't walk in a restaurant and expect to be seated at the exact table that you want because the hostess can't read your mind, unfortunately. Everything just goes better if you tell your hostess what you want in the beginning. If you want a booth by the window or a regular table that's in a quiet place, no problem, say that! My motto is, if you can't tell me where you want to sit, you deserve to sit at a table you don't like. To wrap this up, always tell your hostess exactly what you want and there won't be any drama later.

No comments:

Post a Comment